Monday 25 July 2011

I'm Famous!

Well, not quite famous, but i have made it into a local newspaper! Here is the web link and i also made it into print on Friday's edition! http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/archive/2011/07/22/Bicester+news+%28om_bicesternews%29/9154152.Blind_man_plans_to_climb_Kilimanjaro_for_charity/

All being well i will be on the radio on Friday as planned and today i recieved a call from the local local newspaper Bicester Review, so hopefully i will be in that in the next week or 2. Very proud of myself!

I went for a 6 mile walk with the Oxon 20's-30's on Saturday and it looks like i am going to be allowed to join! So after a little persistance and persuasion, they have finally agreed to take me on board! This is ral positive news and will hopefully open the door to some regular walks for me!

My total fundraising is up to£720, so this is definately positive. Plenty to go, and really hoping that the promotional work results in some donations!

I'm off to the garage for some training.

All the best, keep you posted.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment