Wednesday 14 December 2011

It's been a while!

Well, sorry for being so quiet of late, there has been a lot going on in my life since climbing Ben Nevis, least of all, leaving full time employment to pursue my ambition to start my own business.

Main headline is that Action Challenge (The climb organisers) have had to move the climb dates to mid February, so i am now not travelling out until 16 Feb, the wife is happy as we now at least get to spend our Wedding Anniversary together! Whilst the date has moved, someone asked me how long it is until we go and it's only 7 weeks away! This sounds like a long time, but i just know the time is going to fly by, so best i start thinking about some of the practical bits and bobs like Yellow Fever vacinations, medication, cleaning etc.

Christmas I am hopeful will bring plenty of kit, i need it! Then i can hire the remainder of the kit i need to get up the mountain.

My fundraising is going really well, everyone has been so generous and i am now up to £3600 or there abouts, so a big thank you to those that have donated and a big reminder to those that have still to do so! :-)

Training is going steady although i am a little concerned about how the bits around my knees are going to hold up, so knee supports will be tested in the next few weeks. The last big training session will be in January when i havea weekend booked with the infamous John Barneby, we are off to the Peak District to go and get a couple more days in and then that will be it, as prepared as i am going to be!

Well, that's about it for now, my next update will likely follow the Peak District, so unless anything bizarre, funny or major happens in between times, that will be my next blog.

Have a very Merry Christmas.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment