Wednesday 1 June 2011

How did i get here?

Well Hello and welcome to my blog. Here is what it's all about.

The company i work for RM Education setup a pilot scheme called "EPIC", the scheme was open to one division within the business and in a nutshell, if you fancied doing something EPIC, then submit a request.

Having initially not given it much thought, i began to consider the possibilities of what this scheme was offering, it was the chance to do something that is once in a life time. One evening, the Thursday before the closing deadline on Monday, i lay in bed and came up with i'll climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Some investigation was quickly done on the Friday and over the weekend and by Monday i had submitted an application.

I pitched to the Managing Director, HR Director, Services Director and a couple of other individuals, i was asking RM to sponsor me £2000, figuring that they would offer me part of my request. Aftera few nerve racking days waiting for a result, i recieved news that i had been succesfull in my pitch and i was indeed on my way to Mount Kilimanjaro!

See the attached video as i made my way into my pitch.

So, that's how i got here, for me this challenge really is about pushing myself to new boundaries, meeting new people and taking my independence to a whole new level. Just to clarify to those that read this, i am blind and this is what makes it a real challenge for me.

I will keep you posted on my progress, training fundraising and more over the coming months, for now, please do visit my just giving page and make yourself feel a little better by giving some money to my chosen charity Helen and Douglas House http://www.justgiving.com/paulsepicclimb

All the best
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment