Tuesday 9 August 2011

Scafell pike, here i come!

Hello Again,

Well, it has been a bit of a whirlwind couple of weeks. As per my last update, i have no featured in the Oxford Mail, Bicester Review and on BBC Radio Oxford. In addition to this, i know have a small production making a documentary about my climb! This is all really great news.

I must admit, i am a little disappointed with the rather limited donations to the website following the media coverage, i thought it would generate a reasonable number of donations, in actual fact, it has resulted in only 3 donations so far.

I joined another organised walk at the weekend, 8.5 miiles, a good walk and did make my legs ache a little, so definately doing the trick! I have been in my make shift gym as per usual and now have a rowing machine as well in an attempt to increase my cardio-vascular thresh hold.

This weekend, i am going to be climbing the ever daunting Scafell Pike, so expecting some hard work, achey legs etc.

Still plenty of time to go, but plenty still to organise. I am hoping to book my simulated altitude this week with a view to actually doing the sim in October.

I will be visiting Helen & Douglas House at the beginning of September with camera crew to do a little footage. So a few things on the go, i will keep you updated.

Thanks
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment